- Please make sure you are signing planners each night.
- Fall pictures will be September 19th (more information to follow)
- We are now really getting into our routines, which means that during our day I expect Champ behavior from each kiddo! I know they can do it since they have shown me they can! With that being said, I will be signing planners more now if behavior is not “CHAMP” behavior especially during rug time and center time.
- As you have notice, the spelling test is a little different than a formal spelling test. We formally test the 4 spelling words each week along with the ability to use those words in a sentence. We also apply the phonics pattern that we use during class. On the blog, I will tell you what the phonics skill each week is. If you would like to practice that skill at home you can. (for example : if we are working on -an, -it, or -ug spelling patterns; you and your kiddo can generate words that have that spelling pattern ; ex: fit, bit, tug, )
- Spelling Words: it, he, for, was
- Spelling Pattern: CVC words using the patterns: -an, -am, -ed, -en, -in, -it, -og, -ot
- Math: Subtraction within 10.
- Reading: How characters feel and change during a story as well as making connections to characters in the stories we read. Stories of the week: The magic Rabbit, Chester’s Way, Zoom in and Out, Poem: Frog on a Log
- Writing: Using Correct sentence structure: Finger spacing, capital letters, punctuation
- Science: Living/Nonliving